The room showing archaeological remnants gives testimony to the life within the Monastery already beginning in the 6th century BC.

Among the various objects we can find the acephalous statue of divinity from the 1st century AC. This perhaps represents Tellus or the goddess of medicine, both symbolized by a snake. There is also an ionic capital, probably belonging to an ancient temple on which some Christian crosses are carved.

There is also a fragment of a cornerstone grooved in red porphyry which by tradition is indicated as the cornerstone of the pagan altar. Another carved marble capital which is thought to be the base of a paschal candleholder is also preserved in the Museum

The red porphyry chair which has a hole in the middle of the seat is noteworthy. The chair found in 1507 has been given different interpretations of which the most likely one being a child-birth chair.